It’s the new calendar year and ’tis the season for resolutions! We all want to lose weight, pray more, and be more patient (not necessarily in that order), but there’s always a few things that are specific to the coming year that make our goals special. Or, it can simply be a new vigor to renewing previous goals.
One thing I’ve noticed trending in the blog-o-sphere is the idea of picking one word to embody your goal for the coming year. I love this! It’s easy to get caught up in checking boxes, then get frustrated in it not getting done, and everything goes down the pit. Let’s all pick one word that describes your goal or focus for 2014!
What is your one word resolution for 2014?
Mine? Intentional. I want to be more intentional with my time overall. Rather than watching the clock tick past the hours, I want to use my time as it is a gift. It’s something we’ll never get back. My relationships should be intentional rather than haphazard. In sha Allah we’ll all start this new year with new vigor and resolutions. It’s always a good time to make a positive change!
So, what’s in store for my family, and this humble ‘ol blog? Here’s what I have in mind for the coming year, in sha Allah.
- The blog just moved to new hosting. In sha Allah it’ll make things faster, and overall a better experience with more room to grow, as needed.
- I want to come to terms with my post-30, had-three-kids, body. Alhamdulilah, I’m without health issues, and I’m not obese, but this is taking some getting used to. I’d love to say that I’m going to start working out, but let’s be realistic. I probably won’t. So, in exchange, I need to start accepting where I am.
- I’d also like to accept my role as primarily being a care-giver. It’s a mental shift to accept it as a noble calling rather than feeling like a slave to your family. In sha Allah I’m working on thinking of it as the former.
- In sha Allah, I’d love to grow MWM as a resource for moms, especially those with homeschooling teens. Now that Tulip is a solid 9 months, she’s much easier for Hubby to watch after so I can get time away to work on bloggy things.
- I’ve written out a plan for Care Bear’s 9th grade year, and what exams she will complete (and hopefully pass). The goal is to stick with the plan.
- We’re looking at moving this year from the duplex we own to a single family home. It was always the plan when we bought the duplex to save money while living in it, then move to a single family home and have the two rented units as an income. Alhamdulilah, it’s starting to look like the next step is getting closer.
This post has been shared with: