Wow, what a week! It all started Sunday before dawn with Little Miss puking in Care Bear’s bed. Sunday was full of running to the bathroom and catching puke in a large plastic cup. Monday was Little Miss just sleeping on the couch for the majority of the day. The rest of the days become a blur, but Care Bear got sick too!
Between giving Care Bear a day off when the local schools also gave a snow day and her getting sick, she’s had one day of school work all week. It’s probably for the best to take a little break, but with the baby coming soon, we’d like to get as much school done so I’m not stressing about finishing school at a decent time.
So, what to do when a homeschooling mama has the “day off”? It seems nesting went into full force while Little Miss was sleeping, alhamdulilah! I’m sure paying for it today with my achy hips though!
Some of what I got done (this is my virtual pat on the back):
- Painted a wall in our basement that was a weird combination of blues to a sandy beach color
- Moved a book case (a small one!) to the bottom of the steps and filled it with Care Bear’s daily books and teacher/parent books
- Reorganized books from various book shelves around the house
- Organized and cleaned our bedroom, which needed it very badly
- Filed important paperwork in our filing cabinet, finally!
- Finished a baby sweater that was intended to be gender neutral, but is far too girly looking, so I’ll need to make a boy one too
- Scrubbed the bathroom tub and floor
Now if only that was all I needed to get done! Alhamdulilah, at least we’re a bit more prepped for getting the baby stuff out of storage bins and it won’t be adding to an existing mess.