First blog award? Yay! Thanks so much to Our Little Family Adventure for nominating me for the Liebster Award!
From Our Little Adventures’s post:
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. If you’d like to know more about how is started see Sopphey’s site.
So here are the Liebster Award rules:
- Post 11 things about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the tagger/nominator has posted for you.
- Create 11 questions and choose (nominate) 11 up and coming blogs and link them in the post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
11 things about myself:
- I’ve been Muslim for six years, alhamdulilah.
- I’m apparently addicted to volunteering for things. I’ve finally started to learn to say “no”.
- I can be very inconsistent with things that need to be done daily – cleaning, weeding a garden, diets, whatever.
- I put more value in logic than emotion.
- I never thought I’d enjoy staying home with the kids, but alhamdulilah, it’s been far more rewarding than I could imagine.
- I also never thought I’d drive a minivan, but it’s just so useful!
- I’m not a germ-o-phobe.
- I like to knit, quilt, and learn other crafty things – another thing I never thought I’d say.
- I’m addicted to sweets. Ice cream, candy, chocolate, cake, I love it all!
- I get really annoyed when people make uneducated arguments against Islam. Read a book (and not one from a known Islam-basher)!
- I wish more people looked outside of their own world and saw the beauty in it instead of how it’s “weird” or “backwards”.
Answer to mother/worker/chef/wife’s questions:
- What’s your favorite quote?
- “When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.”
- If you could vacation anywhere, where would you go?
- Hard to decide… maybe Morocco?
- What is one food you would like to learn to cook?
- Baklava! Gluten free would be a bonus.
- How would you answer, “I wish I knew how to….”?
- Read/write/speak Arabic fluently
- How do you pamper yourself?
- Alone time to knit/sew/read
- What is the best piece of advice you ever received?
- “Mediocre surgeons will see you and feel themselves wilting in your shadow. Do not shrink to console them.” – Grey’s Anatomy (yes, I know, pretty lame to get it from a TV show, but I’ve shrunk my Islam to console those around me in the past, and still struggle with it)
- What is your favorite color?
- What is your favorite time of year and why?
- Spring and fall – not too hot, not too cold.
- Why did you decide to start a blog?
- Many reasons, but one being I could find barely any active Muslim homeschooling blogs. I thought maybe my little bit of experience would be valuable to share, in sha Allah.
- If you could have anything for dinner tonight, what would it be?
- Chicken manicotti (too hard to make gluten and dairy free, so we never have it)
- What is one thing you’d like to learn to do this learn this year?
- I should practice reading Qur’an more and get better at it. I should also use Live Mocha to improve my understanding in sha Allah.
My nominations for The Liebster Award!
- Tackling Mommyhood
- Another Granola Mom
- Life of a Muslim Mom
- Homeschool Diaries
- Ilm Journey Academy
- I really don’t have any more! Everyone else I thought to include has over 200 followers.
My 11 questions for you:
- Why did you start blogging?
- Who is someone you admire?
- What is one of your 10 year goals?
- What surprises you about where you are today in comparison to 10 years ago?
- What is your favorite place to visit?
- How do you get “me time”?
- What is your favorite food your mom makes?
- What is a major fear of yours?
- What is a major aspiration of yours?
- What do you want you kid(s) to remember about you?
- What is your favorite season?
Leave a Reply