Assalam alaykum (peace be upon you)! I’m Shannen: a convert to Islam, wife to my dreamy fellow convert husband and mama to three beautiful girls: Care Bear (14), Little Miss (3), and Tulip (1)!
About our family
How did my husband and I both to Islam” href=”http://www.middlewaymom.com/how-we-came-to-islam/”>come to Islam? It’s not what you think!
With a teenager, preschooler, and toddler in the house, the days can be quite fun, exciting… and hormonal. A little about us?
- We started homeschooling in 2009, first with a virtual school, then moved to traditional homeschooling after two years
- I love knitting and quilting, plus learning to crochet, sew, garden, and tat (with thread. Not tattoos! LOL)
- I like cooking well enough to try new recipes often. Sometimes we come across new favorites, and sometimes we end up eating PB&J. Hey, we just need to get through the day sometimes!
- Our family is a mix of gluten, dairy, nut, and banana free – except me. I can eat whatever I want!
- I came to Islam in 2007, mashaAllah
- As a single mom, I to the Kitchen” href=”http://www.middlewaymom.com/from-the-corporate-world-to-the-kitchen/”>worked in management in the IT field. I miss it sometimes.
- Care Bear loves all things fencing, and even goes on trips to compete!
- Little Miss is a bit of a dare devil, climbing and jumping on things that look dangerous
- Tulip is a super easy baby and we’re all totally in love with her
About Middle Way Mom, the blog
Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal recorded that `Abdullah bin Mas`ud said, “The Messenger of Allah drew a line with his hand (in the sand) and said, “This is Allah’s path, leading straight.” He then drew lines to the right and left of that line and said, “These are the other paths, on each path there is a devil who calls to it.”
He then recited, “And verily, this is My straight path, so follow it, and follow not (other) paths, for they will separate you away from His path.” Qur’an 6:153
My hope, in sha Allah, is to be a mother who walks the middle way, the straight way, and guides her children to do so as well.
Many of the posts on Middle Way Mom are general homeschool and credit by exam topics aimed for anyone and everyone who happens across my blog. I also sprinkle in posts about parenting, green(ish) living, and our Muslim life in the west as those topics are near and dear to me. In sha Allah they are useful to Muslims and non-Muslims alike.
Shannen at MiddleWayMom.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.